To support survivors of Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) and Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) in their recovery, and empower them to use their voices to protect other children.
Tell- Whether you are a child currently being sexually abused, know of a child who may be in an abusive situation, or you are an adult survivor TREE Climbers recognizes that the first and most vital step in stopping Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) is to simply TELL someone. We are here to support you every step of the way.
For those being victimized, or who suspect that someone they know is being victimized, we are available to offer advice and support as you go through the legal process.
For adult survivors not currently in crisis, we believe that the act of telling your own story is the most important step towards fully healing. We will provide a platform for you to disclose, in whatever way you feel comfortable with.
Recover- Recovery from CSA is a multi-step process. It is different for each individual. TREE Climbers facilitates recovery by providing a safe space for you to speak about your experiences. In the future, we hope to expand this role to include the following:
- Retreats- An annual week long retreat for sexual abuse survivors and their families. We aim to make this retreat free of charge, and to cover all transportation costs. Our hope is to unite CSA/CSE survivors from across the world.
- Rehabilitation program-Survivors of CSA often have a difficult road to recovery. Many victims turn to drugs and alcohol in order to numb their pain. Some work in the sex industry, either because they are trafficked and exploited by adults from a young age, or because their abuse has taught them that they have no self worth. Some become involved in abusive relationships because they have never been taught what it means to be loved and respected. TREE Climbers has a stance of NO JUDGEMENT-we accept all who come to us for help and respect them as individuals deserving of honor and respect. Our 10 year plan includes the creation of The Tree House- a residential program for sexual abuse survivors in crisis aimed at helping them heal and gain the life skills they may have never been taught at home.
Educate- At TREE Climbers, we believe that EDUCATION is the key to both preventing and healing from Sexual Abuse. Our educational focus is multi-faceted:
- For Survivors- Many survivors of CSA struggle with feelings of confusion, guilt and shame. We aim to provide a clearinghouse of information for survivors of CSA.
- For Families & Educators- We will provide presentations and workshops to help families and educators recognizing the signs of sexual abuse, as well as what steps they can take to prevent it and stop it.
- For Children-In tandem with our community presentations, we provide age-appropriate workshops for children to help them understand healthy boundaries and what they should do if they are being abused.
Empower- At TREE Climbers we recognize that CSA survivors are both uniquely qualified and often passionate about using their own experiences to help other children. The final step in recovery is EMPOWERMENT. We will do this by providing scholarships, training and career mentoring for survivors. We also will provide you with the tools and support needed to become active in your local area- whether it is forming a support group, becoming a facilitator, or hosting events and speak outs, we are here to empower you to find your own voice and use it to help others.